The Regional Training Manager will support the mission of the Berkshire Hathaway Automotive Professional Development Department through various training methods and efforts. This position will be based within Phoenix, one our largest markets, and will require mutli-regional travel of up to 30-60% of working days each month.
The overall goal of Professional Development is: To provide the resources required to attain workforce excellence through superior professional development and a unified structure and framework for all processes, procedures and systems supporting the growth and development of the most important asset – people.
Professional Development provides support and resources to assist our Dealer Partners in recruiting, training, developing and retaining top talent. The Professional Development Trainer/Coach is responsible for providing quality and relevant in-classroom training, follow up webinar/virtual training, in-dealership coaching and other support related to recruitment and development of our Dealer Partner employees.
KEY TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Build and protect the coveted Professional Development brand image
· Influence all of our dealership affiliates with the Professional Development professional culture
· Represents Professional Development Mission at any and all internal and external meetings or venues
· Be equipped to become a valued trainer/coach of any topic offered by Professional Development to ALL dealerships on as needed basis
· Provides variety of training to all areas of dealership and Berkshire Hathaway Automotive Management Company including but not limited to in-classroom training, virtual/webinar training, and in-dealership coaching/training
· Supports Talent Acquisition initiative by working in coordination Talent Acquisition Manager as needed
· Fill training classes by having full dealership support
· Facilitate interactive training opportunities in classroom through use of technology, role play, discussion and other effective ways of engaging students for learning comprehension
· Maintain proficiency with all technology being utilized by the Professional Development
· Market and proactively promote dealer participation in all training provided
· Proactively participates in the re-design and design of current and future curriculum
· Establish relationships with key leadership managers/leaders to engage and participate in training courses as guest speakers on specific topics
· Continue industry education by staying up to date on current training styles, tools, automotive industry trends and delivery methods and share with Professional Development team members
· Document all work activities in Salesforce.com – weekly and monthly forecast of activity and daily updates on meetings, appointments, etc.
· Maintain updated training schedule
· Develop and implement post training dealership follow up plan and communications to ensure student success
· Constant collaboration with other Professional Development team members on continual improvement
KEY SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Help to maintain updates on all Professional Development socials media platforms.
· Help to prepare and complete any pre-class materials or deliverables such as but not limited to presentations, manuals, assets, certificates and, room set-up.
· Maintain the highest levels of professionalism though all outlets of communication such as correct spelling, proper grammar and overall professional etiquette
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of 5 + years in the automotive industry with experience at dealership
· Minimum 5+ years as a trainer in the automotive industry
· Formal education as a trainer or related educational background with transferable skills
· Ability to clearly communicate in front of and engage an audience
· Ability to travel (up to 30-60% of work days) via airplane and automobile as needed
· Ability to stand for up to 8 hours at a time to deliver training
· Ability to learn new technologies and training techniques and integrate into approved training curriculum
· Proficient in using power point and other audio visual equipment for effective delivery of training
· Ability to learn new subjects to train on regardless of industry experience
· Available to work weekends and week nights
· Maintain knowledge of vendor products being used at dealerships
· Ability to attend/participate in Berkshire Hathaway sponsored meetings/engagements as requested
· Fast paced work environment
· Paid training and development
· Career growth opportunities
· Medical and dental coverage available after 2 month period
· Paid vacation